About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization compelled by God’s love to fight the world’s greatest injustices. We fight injustice in two main ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We currently work throughout Asia and Africa.
Position Type: Full Time (Internship); Support-Raised*; Overseas (Nepal)
- If hired, the intern will be required to raise financial support to cover all expenses related to the internship, including housing, transportation, food, and other relevant costs. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base.
Position Overview: LJI's anti-human trafficking model focuses on transit monitoring. We identify, intercept, and assist trafficking victims as they are being transported—when victims and traffickers are the most visible and open to detection—and before they reach the destination where victims will be sold, hidden, and abused. Because the crime of trafficking has already commenced, we have access to actionable intelligence to apprehend suspects and understand trafficking methods. To date, we have intercepted over 20,000 individuals to prevent them from being trafficked, and we have helped arrest over 800 traffickers, with 53% of closed cases resulting in convictions.
LJI adopts a data-centric and evidence-based approach to all aspects of our work. For our anti-trafficking program, we collect, verify, and analyze data about victims and suspected traffickers, using our own software, which helps to provide insight into traffickers’ strategies and to evaluate our work. Accurate, intelligible data is crucial to the success of our model, and as the Anti-Trafficking Data Compliance Intern, you will play a key role in ensuring this accuracy by executing LJI’s annual data entry audit of our Intercept Record Form (IRF), Victim Discharge Form (VDF), and Case Information Form (CIF).
This internship period is from June 1 - July 31, 2020, is based in Kathmandu, Nepal, and reports to the Director of International Communications and Data Compliance.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute LJI’s annual data entry audits of Nepal, Bangladesh, India, and other African countries.
- Write summary reports of findings.
- Conduct other data-related and administrative tasks as assigned.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Mature Christian faith
- Experience working with Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong self-starting initiative and problem-solving abilities with minimal oversight
- Flexibility in ever-changing work environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organizational and administrative skills
- At least two years of undergraduate study