About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization compelled by God’s love to fight the world’s greatest injustices. We fight injustice in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We currently work throughout Asia and Africa.
Position Type: Full Time; Support-Raised*; Overseas (Asia)
*If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Position Level: Associate, Coordinator, or Director**
**The position level, which determines both the position’s level of responsibility and its total compensation and benefits, will be determined based on the candidate’s qualifications, skills, and years of experience.
Overview: LJI's anti-human trafficking model focuses on transit monitoring. We identify, intercept, and assist trafficking victims as they are being transported—when victims and traffickers are the most visible and open to detection—and before they reach the destination where victims will be sold, hidden, and abused. Because the crime of trafficking has already commenced, we have access to actionable intelligence that can be used to assist police in the apprehension of suspects and to understand trafficking methods. To date, we have intercepted over 22,000 individuals to prevent them from being trafficked and have assisted police in the arrest of over 880 traffickers, with 46% of closed cases resulting in convictions.
To ensure excellence among our field offices in Asia and Africa, Love Justice has developed 27 "core processes" to implement in each office to monitor performance and compliance. These processes include a variety of different areas, such as: budgeting and financial reporting, administration and human resources, data collection and compliance, security audit and investigations, shelter care, and legal cases.
LJI is seeking one (or more) Anti-Trafficking Training Specialist(s) to lead the training and monitor compliance of field teams on one or more of these core processes. This position offers candidates the unique opportunity to apply their practical knowledge and skills to make a difference for anti-trafficking work around the world. The core processes for which the Training Specialist will be responsible would depend on her area(s) of professional expertise. Relevant fields include business, finance, accounting, legal, data analysis, security, law enforcement/investigations, human resources, and human assessments.
The Anti-Trafficking Training Specialist will report to the Vice President of Asia Anti-Trafficking. To begin, the position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal and will involve travel to LJI’s offices in Asia and Africa. Depending on LJI’s needs and the interest of the Training Specialist, the position could shift to being based in Africa.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Training Specialist will utilize strong cognitive skills (both qualitative and quantitative) to improve upon, and serve as an organizational expert for, one or more of Love Justice’s core processes. Each core process falls into one or more of the following categories:
○ Data collection
○ Data entry and analysis
○ Transit monitoring standards
○ Investigation and security protocols
○ Aftercare shelter standards
○ Administrative operations
○ Finance and accounting
○ Budgeting and reporting
- In addition, the Training Specialist will be responsible for:
- Developing and conducting training for staff and leadership in field offices regarding the adaptation and implementation of the assigned core processes
- Regularly communicating with staff and leadership in field offices to track compliance with, and ensure understanding of, the Specialist’s assigned core processes
- Implementing other projects related to LJI's anti-trafficking work as directed
- Mature Christian faith
- A strong commitment to social justice and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable populations
- Ability to work well in cross-cultural contexts; sensitivity to different cultures
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills; basic quantitative reasoning skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and willingness to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Significant experience in at least one relevant field, including: business, finance, accounting, legal, data analysis, security, human resources, and human assessments
- Familiarity with working with complex spreadsheets preferred
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required; a master's degree or higher is preferred