The teacher will work at the day care located in Kathmandu, Nepal. This day care is for expat children, and fluency in English is required. Due to the nature of the work, applicants must be willing to commit to living overseas for a minimum of 2–5 years.
Position Type: Overseas (Asia), Full-Time, Support-raised*
*If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Position Overview: The Child Care/Preschool Teacher will provide child care located in Kathmandu, Nepal. This day care is for expat children, and fluency in English is required. Due to the nature of the work, applicants must be willing to commit to living overseas for a minimum of 2–5 years. The Child Care/Preschool Teacher will have a combination of local and foreign teachers/assistants and will report to LJI's Child Care Administrator.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The primary responsibilities for the day care teacher will be the following:
- Work with the local administrator to ensure a safe, nurturing, age-appropriate, and stimulating environment for infants and young children.
- Oversee Nepalese teachers and assistants and facilitate the hiring, training, assessing, and empowering of local teachers.
- Develop plans for the educational and operational programs of the day care in order to provide high-quality educational offerings, and assist children to reach age-appropriate developmental milestones.
- Prepare young children for kindergarten and help them with language acquisition and social skills.
- Supervise methods of teaching and child care. Assist with developing/maintaining curriculum and staff development programs, including ongoing revision of curriculum guides and other materials.
- Develop and implement educational evaluation and testing programs.
Qualifications: Experience in early childhood education is desired, but not required. Day care experience is preferred. Candidates should be patient and have a flexible, creative, and nurturing demeanor. They should also possess strong verbal and instructional skills and be adept at using a variety of classroom management techniques. The teacher must pass a background check and have up-to-date immunizations.