About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization compelled by God’s love to fight the world’s greatest injustices. We fight injustice in two main ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We currently work throughout Asia and Africa.
Position Type: Full Time (Internship); Support-Raised*; Overseas (Nepal)
- If hired, the intern will be required to raise financial support to cover all expenses related to the internship, including housing, transportation, food, and other relevant costs. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base.
Position Overview: LJI operates 18 family homes for orphaned and abandoned children in South Asia. Our primary objective is to help these children become difference makers in their nation. Love Justice's school, located in Nepal, plays a significant role by inspiring our students to become independent thinkers, adept problem solvers, and passionate difference makers in the world by preparing their hearts, minds, and souls through excellent education. This unique school has both Nepali and expat teachers, and aims to implement the most research-backed educational methods from around the world in order to establish "kingdom-class" education.
The Dream School Teaching Intern will have the unique opportunity to experience life at the Dream School, as well as serve in a variety of areas both within and outside of the classroom. The ideal candidate will be an energetic educator who is passionate, flexible, and willing to serve wherever and whenever needed within the school.
This internship period is from June 1 - July 31, 2020, is based in Pokhara, Nepal, and reports to the Dream School Administrator and the Internship Program Coordinator.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Substitute teach as needed in Dream School classrooms.
- Help create and implement new after-school club programs.
- Research new curriculum for teachers and students.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the School Administrator and/or Internship Program Coordinator.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Mature Christian faith
- At least two years of undergraduate study (candidates pursuing a degree in education highly preferred)
- Classroom teaching experience
- Flexibility in ever-changing work environments
- Strong self-starting initiative with minimal oversight
- Previous experience working with children
- Teachable spirit and willingness to learn from others