About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization compelled by God's love to fight the world's greatest injustices. We fight injustice in two main ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We currently work throughout Asia and Africa.
Position Type: Support-Raised*, Overseas, Full-Time
*If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Position Overview: LJI operates one young-adult hostel and 18 family homes for orphaned and abandoned children in Nepal, Bangladesh, and India, providing for over 200 children. Our mission is to help them become difference makers for Christ by providing stable, loving, family-like homes that are developmentally enriching in every way.
LJI has adopted certain "core processes" to ensure excellence in the care we provide our children, including our Children's Futures Program to help our adolescents transition successfully into young adulthood; extracurricular programs, such as Bible studies and an art partnership with another nonprofit organization called Mountain Child; and other new project ideas to enhance the overall effectiveness of our Family Home Program.
The Field Liaison will play an integral role in implementing and monitoring these processes and other best practices in each of our homes. This position will report to the Family Home Director. It will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal, and could involve travel all over the world.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of Family Home programs in Nepal, India, and Bangladesh. Programs include: Giftedness, an after-school program that enhances the development of our children through activities such as piano, martial arts, and art classes; and the Instrument Library, which encourages a love of music in our children by enabling them to check out musical instruments from our national office.
- Assist the Director of Family Homes to strengthen existing policies and processes, such as revising the Family Home Standard, overhauling the parent interview process, etc.
- Train new staff in new fields in Africa on LJI's Family Home policies, programs, and procedures; and monitor the aforementioned staff on performance and overall compliance.
- Develop and implement new program ideas to improve LJI's Family Home Model, including developing assessments to evaluate our children's cognitive and non-cognitive development at various intervals or testing windows.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and willingness to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
- Strong passion for children's development, children's rights, and justice
- Mature Christian faith
- Experience in finance, accounting, legal, human resources, or human assessments preferred
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree (master's degree or higher preferred)