About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization compelled by God’s love to fight the world’s greatest injustices. We fight injustice in two main ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We currently work throughout Asia and Africa.
Position Type: Full Time; Support-Raised*; Overseas (Nepal)
*If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Position Level: Associate, Coordinator, or Director**
**The position level, which determines both the position’s level of responsibility and its total compensation and benefits, will be determined based on the candidate’s qualifications, skills, and years of experience.
Position Overview: LJI operates 17 family homes for orphaned and abandoned children and one young adult hostel in Nepal, Bangladesh, and India, providing for over 200 children. Our mission is to help them become difference-makers for Christ by providing stable, loving, family-like homes that are developmentally enriching in every way.
LJI has adopted certain “core processes” to ensure excellence in the care we provide our children, including: our Children’s Futures Program to help our adolescents transition successfully into young adulthood; extracurricular programs, such as a Bible study and an art partnership with another local non-profit organization; and other new project ideas to enhance the overall effectiveness of our Family Home Program.
The Field Liaison will play an integral role in implementing and monitoring these processes and other best practices in each of our homes.
This position will report to the Family Home Director and is based in Kathmandu, Nepal. Travel to homes in other countries may be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the implementation of Family Home programs in Nepal, India, and Bangladesh. Programs include:
○ Giftedness, an after-school program that enhances the development of our children through activities such as piano, martial arts, and art classes
○ The Instrument Library, which encourages a love of music in our children by enabling them to check out musical instruments from our national office
- Assisting the Director of Family Homes in strengthening existing policies and processes, such as revising the Family Home Standard and overhauling the current parent interview process
- Training staff in potential new fields in Africa on LJI’s Family Home policies, programs, and procedures and monitoring the aforementioned staff on performance and overall compliance
- Developing and implementing new program ideas to improve LJI’s Family Home Model, including developing assessments to evaluate our children’s cognitive and non-cognitive development at various intervals or testing windows
- Mature Christian faith
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Logical reasoning, problem-solving, and basic quantitative reasoning skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and willing to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
- A strong passion for children’s development, children’s rights, and justice
- Experience in finance, accounting, legal, human resources, or human assessments preferred
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required; a master's degree or higher is preferred