About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization compelled by God's love to fight the world's greatest injustices. We fight injustice in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We currently work throughout Asia and Africa.Position Type: Support-Raised*, Overseas, Full-Time
*If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Position Overview: LJI's transit-monitoring intervention focuses on identifying and assisting trafficking victims during the transport process—when victims and traffickers are visible and open to detection—and before they reach the destination where the victims will be hidden and exploited. Because the crime of trafficking has already commenced, we have access to actionable intelligence to apprehend suspects and better understand trafficking methods.
We adopt a data-centric and evidence-based approach to all of our work. Being a data-driven organization requires cutting-edge data management solutions. To that end, we have developed a custom data collection and analysis web application called Searchlight Human Trafficking Data Center. This technology is a linchpin that enables Love Justice to replicate our effective transit-monitoring model around the globe.
The Programmer Analyst will be instrumental in accelerating the development of Searchlight's features and capacity, including expansion to new fields. The Analyst will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal, and will report to the Vice President of South Asia Anti-Trafficking Operations. Some travel to LJI's other field offices may be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve Searchlight's capacity to collect a variety of forms from multiple contexts, and design interfaces to view them.
- Develop new features for Searchlight to expand LJI's ability to leverage data through intelligence-led investigations and trend analysis.
- Provide support for the various tech-related projects or spreadsheets. For example, LJI uses Google Sheets extensively and often requires solutions through various formulas and scripts, some of which connect to APIs from other applications.
- Train and work with end users of Searchlight.
- Mature Christian faith
- A strong commitment to social justice and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable populations
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in computer science
- Ideal candidates will also have considerable knowledge of full stack development (preferable experience with Django and AngularJS or similar frameworks).
- Candidates with software development management experience are preferred.