About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization compelled by God's love to fight the world's greatest injustices. We fight injustice in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We currently work throughout Asia and Africa.
Position Type: Overseas (Asia), Full-Time, Support-raised*
*If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Position Overview: LJI's anti-trafficking model focuses on transit monitoring. We identify, intercept, and assist trafficking victims as they are being transported and before they reach the destination where they will be sold, hidden, and abused. To date, we have intercepted over 20,000 individuals to prevent them from being trafficked, and we have helped arrest over 800 traffickers, with 53% of closed cases resulting in convictions.
To complement our transit monitoring work, LJI is developing a Safe Foreign Employment (SFE) program to direct potential migrants away from dangerous and exploitative foreign employment, toward safe foreign employment. To that end, we have created a SFE program that consists of a guidebook and several forms that provide practical guidance for migrants. These forms have also been built into a mobile SFE app. We use these tools in several ways, including: (1) training high-risk or actual trafficking victims whom we’ve intercepted, (2) training SFE instructors who work directly with migrants, and (3) advertising in newspapers and on social media for potential migrants to call us for guidance.
This position will be based in Nepal and requires travel to other LJI field offices for approximately 4–6 weeks per year (in separate trips). This position reports to the Vice President of South Asia Transit Monitoring.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive training in LJI’s SFE program and objectives in Nepal.
- Work with the President to determine the core elements of LJI’s SFE program.
- Develop a SFE program in Bangladesh that mirrors our Nepal program. (This will require working with an on-the-ground Bangladeshi and taking at least three trips to Bangladesh over the course of two years.)
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to adapt and establish the SFE program in LJI’s field offices throughout Asia and Africa, including, but not limited to:
- Conducting country-specific research regarding migration laws and regulations as well as available economic opportunities;
- Prioritizing field offices where SFE is the most needed and would be the most effective;
- Developing country-specific plans and timelines through which SFE would be developed.
- Oversee any other anti-trafficking program development work as needed.
- Strong academic research, writing, and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail and organization
- Ability to conduct self-directed research and to multi-task
- Ability to present well with key stakeholders to represent LJI’s anti-trafficking work and ministry
- Ability to effectively communicate with others in cross-cultural contexts
- International work or travel experience preferred
- Mature Christian faith
- Strong passion for social justice and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable populations
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree (master's degree or higher preferred)