About Us: Love Justice International (LJI) is a Christian nonprofit organization compelled by God's love to fight the world's greatest injustices. We fight injustice in two primary ways: through our expanding anti-human trafficking work and by caring for orphaned and abandoned children. We currently work throughout Asia and Africa.
Position Type: Full Time, Support-Raised* (Asia)
- If hired, the candidate will be required to raise financial support to cover his/her own salary, benefits, and expenses. Raising support is a key example of the body of Christ supporting its members and joining in the fight against injustice. LJI will provide administrative and prayer support throughout the process, as well as guidance and resources to build up a support base. Please prayerfully consider whether you may be called to step out in faith and raise support for this position.
Position Overview: LJI's anti-human trafficking model focuses on transit monitoring. We identify, intercept, and assist trafficking victims as they are being transported—when victims and traffickers are the most visible and open to detection, and before they reach the destination where victims will be sold, hidden, and abused. Because the crime of trafficking has already commenced, we have access to actionable intelligence to apprehend suspects and understand trafficking methods. To date, we have intercepted over 20,000 individuals to prevent them from being trafficked, and we have helped arrest over 800 traffickers, with 53% of closed cases resulting in convictions.
To ensure excellence among our field offices in Asia and Africa, Love Justice has developed 27 “core processes” to implement in each office to monitor performance and compliance. These processes cover a variety of different areas, such as budgeting and financial reporting, administration and human resources, data collection and compliance, security audit and investigations, victim engagement and shelter care, and legal cases.
LJI is seeking a Victim Engagement Training Specialist to help guide, develop, and adapt kingdom-class strategies for potential victims intercepted by LJI regarding victim care and empowerment. This job will primarily involve training LJI national staff and leadership (rather than the victims themselves) in each field where we operate. This position offers candidates the unique opportunity to make a difference for anti-trafficking work around the world.
The position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal, and will involve travel to LJI’s offices in Asia and Africa. The Victim Engagement Training Specialist will report to the Vice President of South Asia Anti-Trafficking.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and conduct training for staff and leadership in field offices regarding victim empowerment and care.
- Serve as an expert (based on the candidate’s experience and background) in an additional one or more of the following areas of Love Justice’s core processes:
- Data collection
- Data entry and analysis
- Transit monitoring standards
- Investigation and security protocols
- Administrative operations
- Finance and accounting
- Budgeting and reporting
- Regularly communicate with staff and leadership in field offices to track compliance with, and to ensure understanding of, those assigned core processes (including victim engagement).
- Implement other projects related to LJI's anti-trafficking work as directed.
- Mature Christian faith
- A strong commitment to social justice and advocacy on behalf of vulnerable populations
- Ability to work well in cross-cultural contexts and sensitivity to different cultures
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and willingness to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least 3–5 years experience working with trafficking victims or in related situations
- Experience in overseas project management preferred
- Familiarity with working with complex spreadsheets preferred
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in social work or a relevant field, master's degree or higher preferred